Wembley NW01 is a 1.1 ha site at the junction of Empire Way and Engineers Way close to the Wembley National Stadium. The site was first developed in 1924 as the Palace of Arts and the south west part of the Palace of Industry for the Empire Exhibition.
CampbellReith started contributing to Wembley Park regeneration in 2012. The team provided structural, civil, environmental and geotechnical services to this project.
This £65m scheme provides over 450 units together with retail and workspace in seven linked blocks ranging from 5 to 16 storeys. Tenure is mainly market sale and rent with a proportion of affordable rent by agreement with Brent Council.
The residential blocks are of reinforced concrete flat slabs which is an efficient and common form of construction for multi-storey residential developments. They are arranged around the perimeter of the site with a raised podium courtyard deck in the centre with car parking beneath.