CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, land quality, environmental and transportation engineering design services and was established in 1960. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate that wants to lead their own professional services department delivering to our established clients in numerous sectors. If you are being held back where you currently are – give us a call!
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to the board, you will take responsibility for the delivery of a variety of Structural Engineering projects and
- Be responsible for and carry out executive reviews of reports, calculations, specifications, drawings and/or Revit/BIM Models.
- Provide leadership and management of your team and multidisciplinary teams.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor others.
- Bid for work and bring in income for the group.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedures and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients and oversea information production and execution programmes.
- Liaise with other Associates and Partners to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of structural works and existing buildings; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing relationships.
- Prepare and present external technical and / or bid presentations.
- Preparation of appointment documents.
- Project financial management.
- Attend monthly Office Management Meetings.
- Participate in CampbellReith Committees.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient resource management.
- Have excellent client and co-professional relationships and networking skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of structural engineering solutions in all typical building materials including reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry.
- Significant experience of typical British construction methods, standard details and guidance (Building Regulations, NHBC etc.) and products including modular systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
Minimum BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
Must be chartered with ICE or IStructE.
CampbellReith provides leadership training and promotes continuous career development.
We offer an extensive package of benefits including company car, medical insurance, travel insurance and income protection insurance. The position has a holiday allowance of 30 days.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference: MANC-PTNR.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.