Westerland Properties Ltd C/O
Project start and end date:
May 2013 - April 2016
The Grade II listed landmark building at 184 Shepherds Bush Road, West London, is a former Ford Motors factory and warehouse, originally built around 1915.
Initially designed for five storeys, Henry Ford only constructed three due to shortage of raw materials during the First World War.
The building has been converted into a commercial office development in the buoyant West London area. CampbellReith has provided structural, civil and geotechnical engineering services for this project.
The new development proposals involved vertical extension, resulting in the building nearly doubling in height. CampbellReith, along with Westerland Real Estate and DunnHumby, undertook extensive structure investigations. These investigations prove that the construction of three additional storeys was economically feasible without the requirement to implement extensive strengthening works.