CampbellReith is an independent award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The sectors in which we work include education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and masterplanning, and we work both in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for an Assistant Transport Planner with at least 1 years’ experience to work in our busy Bristol or London office.
We have an opportunity with our growing Highways & Transport team to contribute to the design of transport planning, transport strategies or road safety audits, among others. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an award winning multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery.
- Role of Travel Planning
- Drafting of Transport Assessments and Statements
- Road collision data analysis
- Awareness of Junction capacity analysis (Junctions 10 & LinSig)
- Basic understanding of highway layouts and design (horizontal and vertical alignment)
- Experience of using TRICS database
- Experience of using AutoCAD and AutoTrack
- Understanding of using Census Data to understand and analyse existing travel patterns
- The wider planning system.
It is acknowledged that candidates may not have experience of all elements of Highways and Transportation, however the above key skills are indicative of the varied work streams.
What we are looking for
We encourage our staff to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential.
Candidates should have:-
- A questioning/ challenging approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A willingness to learn and develop
Applicants should preferably be a Graduate member of CIHT or ICE.
Working for CampbellReith
CampbellReith are able to offer the successful candidate a wide variety of project work, high quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, competitive salary, holiday and other entitlements and significant opportunities within a growing company.
We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff. We have a comprehensive training scheme fully accredited by the Institution of Highways and Transport.
We have a very active social club run by the staff for the staff which you will be invited to join. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.
Quoting Reference: LON-BRI-ATP-2023