Start date: Immediate
We have a requirement for a Structural Revit Technician to join our busy team to support our increasing work load.
CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas. This specification provides definition of the role we expect a Structural Revit Technician to undertake and the attributes we expect them to demonstrate in the role within our Bristol office, located in Wessex House, Keynsham.
In 2006 CampbellReith were one of the ﬁrst practices to introduce the use of REVIT. We have since invested continuously in the training of our staff to develop our REVIT capability. REVIT is now our default building structural information production platform. We integrate REVIT with our structural analytical software and are now working with clients and other professionals developing the information exchange process at BIM Level 2.
Responsible for the delivery of preliminary and detailed designs and drawings working on projects in both public and private sectors of buildings. You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to an Associate on a daily basis, you will work on a variety of Structural Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Sound technical skills and ability to produce high quality BIM models and project documentation to CampbellReith standards and to continue progress of our BIM portfolio as an industry centre of excellence.
- Produce high quality CAD drawings including plans and complicated details and sections to CampbellReith standards.
- Liaise with other professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to BIM or drafting protocols, information production and execution programmes.
- Flag-up and help resolve potential problem areas and anomalies to structural engineering advantage.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily and weekly basis to ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely delivery.
- Support the development of CampbellReith protocols, standards, families and systems.
- Provide support and training to the Bristol office’s Engineers and other technicians to fully utilise BIM and Revit capabilities.
- Provide support to the current REVIT and CAD teams across the Practice, encouraging them to develop and perform to the best of their abilities.
- To support and advise the management of the Practice in the continuing development of REVIT/BIM and allied analytical and building modelling packages.
The office workload is likely to include both structural Revit modelling and engineering drafting in relation to building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Good communication skills including experience with coordinating with Architects, M&E Engineers, Contractors etc.
- Willingness and ability to train and mentor engineers and other technicians.
- High level of expertise in CAD including, Autocad and Revit with other BIM software (eg, Civils 3D or Navisworks) desirable.
- Competency and experience of Structural engineering modelling and drawing production in the UK in all versions of Revit including:
– working with multiple models and shared coordinate system,
– understanding of the analytical model for successful workflow into analysis and design software,
– knowledge of controlling views with V/G interface, filters and links,
– design documentation production,
– Experience of integrating BIM within a Multidisciplinary Design Environment.
- Understanding of basic structural and civil engineering principles in all typical building materials including reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry.
- Knowledge of typical British construction methods and products including modular systems.
- Experience in delivery of designs in a design & build environment.
- Ability to pass back models/drawings/information of high quality following thorough checking and review.
- Understanding of BS1192 and PAS1192 for structural engineering delivery, deliverables and exchange of information processes to minimum BIM Level 2.
- Willingness to explore new methods of working to keep up with current industry practices.
- CAD and/or Revit experience of reinforcement detailing to BS EN 1992 is desirable.
- Competent in developing and setting up drafting and BIM and Revit model standards including:
– family creation and development,
– systems development,
– parameter development
Minimum HNC or HND in Civil Engineering required.
What we offer
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can support those seeking Technician membership of the ICE.
CampbellReith will provide training following completion of satisfactory probation period to achieve BRE BIM Certified Practitioner accreditation to BIM Level 2.
Regular lunchtime CPD sessions including TED talks and external industry product presentations are provided in each office. Furthermore, every team member in the Bristol office is asked to present a 10-15 minute CPD session to the rest of the team on a rolling monthly basis to help develop skills in the office and individual presentation skills and confidence.
You will have the opportunity to be part of CampbellReith’s Social Club, run by and for the staff, which organises leisure events as well as CSR activities including participation on local runs and fundraising for various charities.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference BRI-REV-2018
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.