Start date: Immediate
Reference: LON-SE Events-2019
We have a requirement for a Structural Engineer to join our busy team to support our increasing work load and develop structural services to our clients. We are looking for a Structural Engineer to join our events team based on our London office.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging structures and events and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to an Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on at a variety of events providing structural engineering advice and carrying out reviews and inspections. You will be expected to:
- Own events/projects from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only, including project management plans, calculation reviews, report writing and calculation package production
- Organise your own time to enable efficient attendance at events whilst building relationships with our various clients throughout the industry
- Advise clients on suitability of structural proposals and be able to think pro-actively to find solutions to structural issues at short notice
- Manage and record health and safety risks
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes
- Monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at design/project meetings/inspections and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships
- Undertake surveys and inspections of structural builds at various venues across the UK, Europe and occasional international work. This will also include preparation of reports or sections thereof
- Travel, both across London and, at times, internationally. Our work in this sector has recently involved travelling to Brazil and South Korea, to name a few locations
The office workload is likely to include reviews of engineering designs, time and resource planning, production of various documents and occasional structural design work. The on site work will include liaising with event organisers, carrying out structural reviews and inspections. You should expect you time to be split approximately 50-50 between office and site, with some weekend work.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships with clients
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of structural solutions in typical building materials including steel, timber, aluminium
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the health and safety standards and risk assessments
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurance
- Understanding and experience of structural engineering delivery, deliverables and exchange of information processes
Minimum BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
Working for CampbellReith
CampbellReith is able to offer the successful candidate a wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload, significant opportunities within a growing company, a competitive salary and high quality mentoring from experienced colleagues.
Working for CampbellReith offers you the opportunity to think as an engineer, to be innovative and creative, and to develop your skills technically and commercially. We endeavour to inspire and motivate every member of our internal team and, when the office closes at the end of the day, we offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff.
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
CampbellReith offers competitive salaries and holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
We have a very active social club run by the staff, for the staff which you will be invited to join. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts, comedy club nights and axe throwing.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LON-SE Events-2019
See company benefits here.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.