Start date: Immediate
Office: Redhill, Surrey
We have a requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our busy team to support our increasing work load and develop structural services to our internal and external clients.
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to further their career in our Redhill office. CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas. We require a highly motivated engineer to join our busy office in Redhill working on schools, universities hospitals, exhibition buildings etc ranging in value from £3m to £200m.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Structural Engineering projects and be expected to:
Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and/or Revit/BIM Model production.
Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the Practice’s Integrated Management System.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of structural works and existing buildings; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own relationships with other professionals.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of structural and civil engineering solutions in all typical building materials including reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry.
- Significant experience of typical British construction methods, standard details and guidance (British Standards, NHBC etc) and products including modular systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
- Understanding and experience of structural engineering delivery, deliverables and exchange of information processes to minimum BIM Level 2.
Education and Training
Minimum BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering required. Preferably Chartered or near Chartered (within 1 year) with ICE or IStructE.
CampbellReith operates Company Approved Training Schemes and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
Please email us, quoting reference RED-SSE 2019.
See company benefits here.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.