CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, land quality, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that wants to progress their career in a dynamic firm with a strong reputation for excellent with clients across numerous sectors. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage teams delivering designs for major projects and be excellent at client and design team communication. Substantial UK experience is essential.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Structural Engineering projects and:
- Take project responsibility and provide technical/commercial control with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Be responsible for and carry out technical reviews of reports, calculations, specifications, drawings and/or Revit/BIM Models.
- Provide leadership and management of your team and multidisciplinary teams.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Assist in bidding for work and advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedures and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Liaise with other Associates and Partners to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of structural works and existing buildings; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing relationships.
- Prepare and present external technical and / or bid presentations.
- Manage PMP’s, appointment documents and project financial management.
- Attend monthly Office Management Meetings.
- Participate in CampbellReith Committees.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient resource management.
- Developing client and co-professional relationship and networking skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of structural engineering solutions in all typical building materials including reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry.
- Significant experience of typical British construction methods, standard details and guidance (Building Regulations, NHBC etc.) and products including modular systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
Minimum BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
Must be chartered with ICE or IStructE.
CampbellReith provides leadership training and have in place a continuous career development system.
We have an extensive package of staff benefits including 26 days holiday and income protection insurance.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference: LON-SE-Assoc.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.