CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, land quality, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas.
Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects.
- You should possess a good working knowledge of relevant current codes of practice, regulations and industry guidance.
- Assist in the risk assessment of design in accordance with CDM Regulations, and the production of project specifications and method statements.
- Be capable of assuming responsibility for the design of elements of medium and large projects reporting to a Senior Engineer or Associate.
- Be conversant with the practice Quality Management System, and ensure document control of the elements/projects undertaken is maintained.
- Agree with the Associate and work to such timescales agreed for the production of design information.
- Attend meetings, lead on civil aspects, undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of civil works and prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Conversant with relevant software.
- Preparing Designs, Reports and Specifications for a diverse mixture of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects covering residential, retail, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Liaise with team and other disciplines.
- Understanding of the CampbellReith Integrated Management System including document issue processes, Site Visit requirements and recording of information.
- Ensure timesheets and expenses are updated within Rapport on a minimum weekly basis.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design in accordance with all relevant Codes of Practice.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co- professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
Working towards chartership status.
Proficiency (Level 1-5)
WinDes – Level 4
Autodesk Civils 3D – Level 3
NBS – Level 4
Rapport – Level 3
Report Writing – Level 4
We offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.