CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas.
CampbellReith is looking for a Project Engineer to support our busy office in Bermondsey, London.
We are looking for a Project Civil Engineer that can demonstrate suitable experience in below ground drainage (including Section 104) and standard road design (including Section 38/278). The Candidate should also be experienced in preparing flood risk assessments and drainage assessments. The candidate will preferably be experienced in using computer modelling packages such as WinDES, AutoCAD and Civil 3D (or similar packages).
- 3-4 years’ experience in highways and drainage works in UK;
- Competent in storm and foul water drainage network design using WinDes design software;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Competent in using AutoCAD and Autotrack for general civil engineering and building projects; preferably using Civil 3D;
- Experience in the preparation of adoption design and drawings for both highways and drainage and successful adoption under section 38/278, section 104;
- Knowledge of and design capability for SuDS systems;
- Knowledge of Civil 3D ground modelling system and experience in Flood
- Risk Assessments and drainage strategies;
- Experience of preparing and checking project design and assessment calculations, drawings, reports and contract documents;
- Accustomed to work on site such as inspections and contract supervision;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within CampbellReith;
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures;
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings);
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/ administrative staff;
- Cut and Fill analysis;
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body.
What we are looking for
We encourage our Engineers to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential. The person we need should possess:
- A questioning / challenging approach – not be afraid to ask the right question at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
Working for CampbellReith
CampbellReith are able to offer the successful candidate a wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload, significant opportunities within a growing company, a competitive salary and high quality mentoring from experienced colleagues.
Working for CampbellReith offers you the opportunity to think as an engineer, to be innovative and creative, and to develop your skills technically and commercially.
We offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.
To apply please email email@example.com quoting reference LON-PCE-2022.
No agencies, direct applications only.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.