We are looking for a talented Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Bristol based geotechnical team and further develop our geotechnical services to internal and external clients.
CampbellReith is looking for a highly motivated project geotechnical engineer who is looking to develop their career and take on new challenges. We can offer a wide variety of project work and the opportunity to be innovative and creative, and to develop your technical and commercial skills.
We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff and offer structured training to candidates seeking Chartership with both the Institution of Civil Engineers and the Geological Society of London.
Our geotechnical team is spread across all offices and all disciplines, providing specialist advice to both internal and external clients, giving you the chance to work on a variety of engineering projects. With the assistance of senior engineers and associates, you will have the following primary tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to your team and multidisciplinary teams within the Practice.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections associated with geotechnical works.
- Design, procure and evaluate geotechnical investigations to prepare ground models.
- Prepare geotechnical designs, reports and specifications for a diverse mixture of projects.
- Assist in preparation of risk assessment and method statements for investigation and design in accordance with CDM Regulations.
What We Are Looking For
A well-qualified geotechnical engineer with:
- BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering, Geology or Engineering Geology, and preferably MEng/MSc (or equivalent) in a geotechnical discipline.
- A questioning approach and demonstrable enthusiasm for geotechnics and deriving efficient sustainable solutions.
- A good working knowledge of relevant UK codes of practice, regulations and industry guidance.
- Proficiency in geotechnical investigation, preparation of ground models and evaluation.
- Experience in the design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, slopes, earthworks, ground remediation and treatment.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical design and analysis software.
- Excellent communication skills, determination to learn and an ability to plan and manage personal effectiveness and contribute to the team’s effectiveness.
- Full UK driving licence.
We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we don’t know we need. So, if you think you are nearly what we are looking for, please still apply!
CampbellReith is an award winning multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with a reputation for innovative and sustainable design.
CampbellReith recognises that people are the key to our success and we encourage our staff to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive.
We encourage all our staff to extend themselves and reach their full potential. To support that we provide leadership training and have in place a continuous career development process.
We ensure we provide colleagues with a varied workload and the tools needed to achieve high quality designs and assessments with software, training and mentoring.
CampbellReith offers a full range of benefits in addition to competitive salaries, including salary protection and life assurance schemes, payment of professional subscriptions, flexible working policy, paid leave to undertake voluntary activities, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans, optional health and travel insurance.
Our team is based in newly refurbished offices in central Bristol with a café, free gym and other amenities available to staff.
We have an active social club run by the staff for the staff. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.
To apply please email email@example.com quoting reference PEGE-BRI-2022
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.