CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Partners on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil or multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
- Be responsible for and carry out technical reviews of reports, calculations, specifications, drawings.
- Review terms and conditions of appointment and liaise with Project Partner for approval.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at Client/Design/Project meetings.
- Promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining of technical approvals/solutions.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
- Undertake regular reviews of project finance, invoicing and payment and feedback to Project Partner.
- Provide leadership and management of your team and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ensure Designers Risk Assessments are maintained in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take project responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk and feedback to Project Partner on a regular basis.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Understanding of the CampbellReith Integrated Management System including document issue processes, Site Visit requirements and recording of information.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Act as line manager, train and mentor graduate, project and senior engineers including annual reviews.
- Liaise with other practice Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Attend monthly Office Management Meetings.
- Participate in CampbellReith Committees.
- Prepare bids, tenders and fee proposals for small to large sized projects and assist in preparation of bids for larger commissions.
- Ensure timesheets and expenses are updated within Rapport on a minimum weekly basis.
- Extensive project management experience of engineering delivery, deliverables and exchange of information processes to minimum BIM Level 2.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated and motivating team leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Developing client and co-professional relationship and networking skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Experience of PDS, Microdrainage and AuotCAD (Civils 3D preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial experience of all appointment forms, particularly the ACE conditions of engagement and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
Chartered with ICE or similar organisation.
Proficiency (Level 1-5)
WinDes – Level 5
Autodesk Civils 3D – Level 3
NBS – Level 5
Rapport – Level 5
Report Writing – Level 5
We offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.