Start date: Immediate
We currently have an opportunity for a GIS specialist to provide data manipulation, analysis and presentation, working within our Land Quality team. The position is for a graduate or post graduate with some commercial experience.
The role will involve maintaining our existing GIS systems, helping in the visual interpretation of contamination and geotechnical data and contributing to the ongoing development and expansion of our GIS team which is operated across our London, Surrey, Bristol and Manchester Offices. In addition, the successful candidate will assist in the production of Phase 1 desk study reports.
- Using GIS software (any of QGIS, Global Mapper, MapInfo or ArcMap) and web mapping
- Spatial analysis and data modelling
- Report writing skills
- Experience using excel spread sheet
- SQL and/or VBA
- Statistical knowledge
- Knowledge of site data management software e.g Holebase
- Experience converting Autocad files to Shapefiles
- Knowledge of contaminated land assessment and/or geotechnics
- BSc/MSc educated in geography or related subject
- Experience of engineering consultancy (and preferably land quality/geotechnical consultancy)
- Numerate with strong data management skills
- A highly motivated, ambitious team player with excellent communication skills
CampbellReith is an independent multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The sectors in which we work include education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and masterplanning, and we work both in the UK and internationally, with recent projects in Africa and the Middle East.
CampbellReith has a reputation for innovative and sustainable design and this has been demonstrated by numerous awards. This has been recently recognized the NCE100 Contribution to the Profession Award and the Ground Engineering Consulting Firm of the Year Award. By joining us you will become part of a passionate team of engineers and scientists with wide experience in various disciplines and sectors within the UK and overseas. For examples of the breadth of work we provide within GIS please see: http://www.campbellreith.com/category/services-gis-gissmo/
Please email: email@example.com quoting reference GIS-LON-2018
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.