Start date: Immediate
CampbellReith has a vacancy for a Graduate Civil Engineer to work in our London office.
Candidates will need to enjoy technical challenges and be focused on project delivery. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will be involved on a variety of Civil Engineering projects.
Reference LONDON-GCE 2017.
• Understanding of storm and foul water drainage network design
• Conversant with highway layouts (horizontal and vertical layouts)
• Experience in Flood Risk Assessments
• Competent in using AutoCad
• Preparing project design and assessment calculations, drawings, preparing reports and preparing contract documents
• Undertaking work on site such as inspections
• Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other disciplines within CampbellReith
• Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
• Presenting / representing your technical work (presentations / meetings)
• Assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff
What we are looking for
We encourage our graduates to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential.
• A questioning / challenging approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
• The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
• A commercial and client focused approach
Applicants should have a 2:1 or above MEng (or equivalent) Civil/ Structural Engineering Degree, a ‘B’ or above Maths A-Level, and a ‘C’ or above in your remaining A-Levels. Post-graduate qualifications are not a requirement but will be of interest where they are in a relevant subject e.g. Highway Engineering.
Working for CampbellReith
Working for CampbellReith offers you the opportunity to think as an engineer, to be innovative and creative, and to develop your skills technically and commercially. We endeavour to inspire and motivate every member of our internal teams and, when the office closes at the end of the day, we offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff.
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
CampbellReith offers a competitive salary, holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
Please email us, quoting reference LONDON-GCE 2017.
NB No Agencies please and all candidates should note that we prefer direct responses to those via an agent.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.